Hexagon Spiderweb Hot Pads and FREE Pattern

The current issue of Make It! Patchwork Magazine is on the newsstands and my hexagon hot pads are being re-run. There are only two process shots in the magazine (for space) and I think you need to see all of them.

First, here is one of the hot pads. It's the only shot I have, even though I made four of these. My daughter owns the set, or I would take a few more pics.

Hexagon Spiderweb trivet: 12" x 13-3/4"
I used the Bella Collection by Lotta Jansdotter (for Windham Fabrics) and chose two colors: blue and yellow.
Yellow Spiderweb trivet
You can download the pattern with photos and templates at the end of this post. Here are a few of the steps to entice you.

Two strips cut 3-1/2" x wof are sewn together. Then cut into 60 degree triangles using the 6-1/2" horizontal line on a ruler.
Strip set cut into 60 degree triangles
Six of the wedges make a whole hexagon:
Sew the strip sets together into sections as shown
Use the pieced hexagon to cut out the backing:
Press final seam open. Cut out backing using the pieced hexagon as your guide
Add a piece of batting and stitch around the six sides, leaving a 5-6" opening for turning.

Sew through all layers, leaving an opening for turning.
Clip the corners:
Clip corners
Turn right side out:
Turn hot pad right side out (this is the backing) and press well
 Topstitch 1/8" from the edge all around.
Topstitch
Would you like the free pattern? Of course, you do! Hexagon Spiderweb Hot Pads Pattern

Comments

  1. These are fabulous potholders! Plus, you are so right, I definitely want the pattern. Thank You so much for sharing this great project! Have a fantastic creative day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, again, for all you do! The potholders are now on my ever growing list of projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Debby! Your Hexagon Spiderweb Hot Pads pattern is a fun way to play with fabric combinations and get a quick give-away in the process! Thanks as always for sharing and inspiration! (janeherbst at roadrunner dot com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a cute hot pad and I think I will try to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this great pattern. Wondering what Template B is used for?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com